Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We're back...

I've started this post about 10 times and got distracted with work of all things! I (like a few other mom's I know) feel like we've overbooked ourselves like crazy this summer. I really don't know where the time has gone. Well I guess I do but I don't want to think about it because then I realize it's already mid July!
We had a great time in Indian River last week. So much so we stayed an extra couple days. We had planned to come back on Friday, then changed it to Saturday and finally left Sunday evening around 7pm. And wouldn't you know Drew fell asleep 10 minutes from home at 11:30pm!
There are so many highlights I'm not sure where to begin. We brought up Drew's Jeep so he and cousin Henry could ride around and pick up chics. They had a blast driving down the road, trying to make it through dirt, hills and lawns. Drew also found a new love...Aubree. She's the 12 yr old granddaughter of Dan & Suzy. She's really cute and Drew had a great time flirting with her. He'd drive by in his Jeep, and glance out of the corner of his eye to see if she was looking. At one point he was passing her and stood up while driving by...big time crush at 3 yrs old!
Henry and Drew had a great time playing with water guns. Danny took them down to another neighbors house, who happen to be taxidermists, so they could look at all the animals on the walls. So off they went, the boys in the Jeep and Dan following behind. They were gone quite a while and came back with handfuls of peanuts. Apparently, they got to feed a baby squirrel being nursed back to health. Drew was very excited about it and also realized a love for peanuts in the shell. His Jeep, including the glove box, were full of shells. I think he may have eaten more than the squirrel.
The boys had something else in common...Wii. Henry also has a Wii and had the Lego Star Wars game (we have it for PS3). The controllers are quite a bit different, so Drew didn't get in to it as much as he could have - a small blessing as he could have probably stayed in front of the TV much more than he did. Oh, side note - Kyle and Amy (Henry's parents/my cousins) recently instituted a timer rule. When the timer goes off, so does the Wii. It worked like a charm. I've had other friends tell me about it too, but never saw it in action. Now here's the funny part - Mike was so impressed he said we should do it at home too. I'm totally game so Tuesday night we tell Drew about the timer. He's fine with it. Let me just say it was the fastest 25 minutes of my life. All of the sudden, the timer went off and what do you think happened? Mike said, we're almost done with this level lets just play for a few more minutes. Yep, that's right, sabotage you're own rule! LOL. They play for a few more minutes and finally decide it's time to shut 'er down. Last night we changed it up a bit. If we are playing with him, we won't use the timer, we'll just let him know. So we're playing and get to a tricky part and Drew says, oh, let's just shut this off, ok?! Craziness!
I could go on and on but I'll end on another high point of the week...fireworks! It started with a few Mike picked up at a fireworks tent. The kids (and adults) loved them so much, he went back and bought more. We had SEVERAL fireworks shows that week and by the end, I think we were all a bit fireworksed out, at least our version of fireworks. On the 4th, there must have been at least 8 houses we could see around the lake putting on magnificent shows. It was great. Didn't have to go anywhere but down to the deck to see a great show. The boys loved it and got to stay up extra late to watch. It didn't get dark until after 10 so it was really hard getting them to bed any night so we didn't even really try on the 4th. I've got tons of pictures but haven't gotten them past my laptops hard drive. I'll try to work on that sometime soon.
This weekend we are back to Sugarloaf for another fun filled weekend of camping. And yes, I am tired.

No comments: