Monday, July 28, 2008

Next up - August!

Wow, where has the time gone? I know that seems to be a theme, at least in my head it is. We had another pretty quiet weekend and it felt pretty darn good. Drew learned how to snap his fingers and spent most of the weekend snapping at me saying, "mom, focus on what you are doing!". He's obviously quite proud of his latest accomplishment. We also played some "poker" while Mike was painting the bedroom. He decided he had his own version of the game and said, "lemme show you what I'm talkin' about mom. You have to twist the dice like this, then you make noises, then you put them down. If I get good numbers, I get to go again. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout." I bet you can't guess who won the game...twice! LOL. Drew had his buddy Miles come over on Saturday. The boys played ps3 and wii for about an hour until I got fed up listening to them whine about not listening to each other. So we turned off the tv and did some old fashioned playing with toys. But it did get me thinking about having another child. Not that I am, but both boys are "only children" (taking Ryan out of the mix since he doesn't live with us) and you could tell. I'd say Miles had more issue with it than Drew but I'd say some of that has to do with the fact that it wasn't his house too. Just not the same comfort level. We had planned on going to German Park but Miles didn't get picked up until after 8 so it too late to go. It was fine, since it was pretty hot and humid, I'm sure the mosquitoes would have been fierce. Drew also caught a couple fire flies and put them in his bug catcher to bring in the house. They weren't looking so good Sunday morning so he let them out and put one to rest in the grass.

A couple funnies from the weekend - Out of the blue a few times Drew would blurt out - "What in the heck in the world? What's that all about?" and "Wow, I didn't know it did that. Isn't that so cool mom?"

No comments: