Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pain in the ...

Now I know why I've had my email address for 8 years - changing it is a pain in the butt. You think, ah, most email software has a notify section where you can send everyone your new address...yes this is true. What you don't think about is that every company, service provider, interest etc all has some kind of login requiring your email. That's the pain. I think I must have updated 30 websites today and I'm sure there are many more at home that I haven't thought of.

Also, a little note about software. When I purchased my laptop they asked me if I wanted antivirus software, I said no. I knew on Comcast they gave you free McAfee. And when we started talking about switching services, I thought I'd just wait. Anyway, as I'm sure you all know, but worth mentioning, AT&T also gives you free software. So before you go buy something, check with your provider.

No comments: