Monday, July 21, 2008

The weekend

We had a nice relaxing weekend, finally. Friday night Mike & I went out. Saturday, I played with Drew and Mike fixed the dishwasher. Luckily it was more time consuming than cash consuming. We took a nice nap and got up to go to a friend's Pampered Chef party. Oh, and on the way out there we realized the hoods that stole Mike's cell phone also stole the two headsets for the van's dvd player...bummer since we just started using them over July 4th. Drew was really upset that the bad guys who broke the window took his stuff. Anyway, the party was pretty funny. It started with all the ladies in the house at the cooking show with all the dads outside with the kids. I said, this is the best party ever! Then someone said something about one of the kids coming in. I said, don't do it, it will lead to all the kids coming in, and it did. It was still great. Drew would play in the back and occasionally come up and sit on my lap for the cooking demo. I was the DD so after the show everyone headed out to the garage to play poker and some of the moms stayed inside with the kids. And actually, I think I had the better end of that stick. There were 10 people surrounding a poker table meant for 5 or 6, with some people not knowing the games, so they took a while. I, on the other hand, sat in the a/c with the girls while the kids watched a movie. Yep, I won!
On Sunday, we got up and went to IHOP, per Drew's request. Then went to Lowe's and found a new border and paint colors for Drew's new room. Did it in less than an hour. Mike and I were both proud we were so quick. Ran to the grocery store and didn't pile the cart with a bunch of junk, came home and put it all away. I played Lego Indiana Jones with Drew while Mike started our crock pot chicken and cleaned up the mess from fixing the dishwasher. Then emptied it and re-loaded. WOW, life is good! We all laid down for a nap. I waited for Drew to fall asleep then got up. Didn't really do too much. After Drew woke up we decided to start painting the bedroom. He really wanted to help so we thought we'd wait. He did a great job helping. Lots of paint on the walls, some on the tarp, some on the trim and hardwoods. Not enough to do any damage. He had his own special roller, but then chose mine, then dad's. He got bored after he did a great job and decided to do something else. After washing his hands and playing for 10 minutes, he was back to "get painty again". Mike finished dinner, we ate, then he cleaned up too! Seriously!! We played some Hi Ho Cherrio, watched some tv and went to bed.
Other funnies from the weekend: Drew played with some Moon Sand in the living room and we left it there. He says, mom, we gotta clean up this mess, and I will even help you.
Before dinner: Drew come help me set the table. No, I don't want to. Ok, do you want to vacuum then? YAY, yeah mom, I want to vacuum!!!!
Before nap: Mom, can I poke you're eye with this? No, we don't poke eyes silly! But Haley did that to me before...when we were camping!
At the grocery store: Mom, I can carry this juice. Are you sure? Yep, cuz I have strong muscles cuz I ate all my breakfast at IHOP. This even made a woman in the isle chuckle.

No comments: