Thursday, July 31, 2008

One of those not so proud moments

Mike had to work early, like 2am early, and Drew woke up to find no dad. He went on about how he wanted to give dad a kiss and hug and started to cry this morning. I told him daddy gave him lots of kisses and hugs before he left, but he couldn't feel them because he was sleeping. "But I wanted to...can I play Lego Star Wars, Mom?" I think hmmm, good night sleep, got up early. "Yes you can play for 20 minutes but only if you don't whine when it's time to turn it off". OK, no problem, he agrees. Well let's just say, I should have known better. He does make the effort to go back to the main page but then plays some more when he gets there. Then dad calls to say good morning. It's now about 7:15 and I still have to finish getting Drew dressed (yes, one of the bad parts about having a boy...he has no desire to get himself dressed unlike some cute little 3 yr old girls I know), brush his teeth and get out the door. Needless to say, and argument and frustration ensue and the great morning turns bad quickly, and yes, I start yelling which of course makes Drew cry and we are moving nowhere quickly. I stop, regroup, tell him we are going to start the morning over. We did and it all worked out, but not one of my brightest moments!

No comments: