Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Catching up...

So I'm sitting here listening to The Tonight Show - Jay Leno has Will Smith on and there are so many things wrong with it. First, I hear he's going to be turning 40, which means I'm getting closer to 40 and that's not my reality. It also reminds me of the time I was with my mom and Larry in Dave's Laser Disk shop - if that tells you anything - and I see Will Smith and an unknown Jada Pinket and intentionally run into his arm in the isle. "IT'S WILL SMITH, IT'S WILL SMITH", I say quietly, but crazily as I grab my mom's arms. And my mom pulls out some Will Smith movie and asks me if I've seen it and I pull out some girlie movie and ask her if she's seen it (and he actually turned around to see what I was talking about - and talk about feeling like a heal cuz it was so girlie). And at the time, I'm "like" how'd she get this guy? and I'm with my mom and step-dad - I'm an early 20 something at the time. Granted they seem like they have a great relationship and awesome kids so good luck to them, but dang, it's Will Smith. I digress...
The real reason for my post - Christmas! I want to remember all the things Drew got this year that he's in love with. He got several things "from the list" and a few that were not. His faves - the Nerf Guns with protective glasses and vests, Hulabaloo - which is an awesome game for preschoolers if you're interested, Thomas Bingo - which we need to call Great Grandma Campbell and say thanks to, and Curious George, which he got from both the neighbor and Great Grandma and he loves cuz he can share with friends. He's also thrilled with the digital camera he got from Grandma, but has been to excited in the moment to use. We really haven't been home for any of the other presents, including an awesome Playmobil airplane from Grandma that I really can't wait to play with after putting it's 60+ pieces together! He's also gotten some pretty darn cool pj's from Aunt Janice that are Batman and light up - he wore those over a sweater for most of Christmas and this is the kid who gets HOT most of the time. And Uncle Scott gave him a 6ft air hockey table which I'm still not sure where I'm going to put, but Drew can't wait to put up. It was a pretty darn good Christmas! I'm still waiting for vacation in California, but enjoying the time off in freezing Illinois this week. The low tomorrow (including wind chill) is about negative 10 - not so woohoo!

No comments: