Thursday, December 11, 2008

Great parent idea...

I found this great little tidbit from parenthacks.com. I hope they don't mind me pilfering it. The short of it - what to tell your kids if they find presents.

Here's the Christmas "story" she told her daughter to explain the presence of...the presents:
So, if your husband decided to go looking for shoe polish and pulls a bin off the way-high shelf and your kid spots the EXACT TOY she asked Santa for, here is what you say: "That's for charity. When you put that on your list I though some other little girl would want one."
If your kid is smart they will counter with "Doesn't Santa bring ALL kids presents?" And you counter with, "Of course, but you also get presents for Mom and Dad and all your grandparents, aunts and uncles and poor families can't afford extra presents for kids." If your kid is already suspicious this won't help but it saved the day at my house.

Since I don't have a basement, and have very limited room in closets since they are some of Drew's fravrit (pronounced FRAY-VER-IT) hiding spots, and not much space in the garage, I can see this happening - hopefully not this year!

No comments: