Thursday, December 11, 2008

My son, the singer!

I really need to get the video camera charging so I can grab it any time. I know, I know, I say it all the time, but really I do. The reason - my son the singer. Lately, Drew tries to sing any song on TV or the radio. It's pretty funny since 1/2 the time he has never heard the song before, but he'll get the last syllable of the last word of just about every sentence.

Along those lines, we've been watching the Grinch a lot this week and this morning we were singing Mr Grinch as we were putting on our coats.
Me: You're a mean one, Mr Grinch. You're a nasty, wasty soulllll
Drew: And - You've got garlic in your soul!!!!!
Me (no longer singing): Wha? He's got a garlic soul?
Drew: NO MOM - You've got garlic IN YOUR soul?
Me: Really, is that what they say in the song?
Drew: Yep!
Me: Huh! I didn't know that!
So of course, I think, like lots of other songs, he's making up the words and figured it sounded right. I come to work and google it and...what do ya know? He's right. Of course. he's right. why would I think any different? CUZ HE'S 3 and I'M 35, and he figured it out before I did!

Another good one - Smashing Pumpkins, The World is a Vampire. It's the theme song for WhaleWars on Animal Planet, and Drew LOVES the song. I can't really figure out what he's saying for Vampire something like, "the world is a manpar". Of course now that show is over, so I'm going to have to download the song or something so I can try to figure out what he's saying.

No comments: