Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We had a really nice New Year's Eve and are welcoming a day to relax. Ryan came up from his mom's and babysat Drew at JJ's house while we went to Phainam (Noy's family restaurant) for a huge Laotian party. It was quite fun and interesting to see how other cultures celebrate. The Hennessey shots were out in force and I would try to duck away from Noy's sister as she made her approach. When she did get to me, she was nice enough to give me just a sip. We had made the decision to ride with JJ to the party and leave the van home so we got out the yellow pages and started calling cab companies before we left. 8 companies and only one that answered. I guess that should have been an indication of trying to get the cab later. Luckily one of Noy's cousins offered us a ride home and all was good. We were home in bed by 1. That family can party - they'll stay up til 5 without batting an eye. Mike got up around 7 this morning to go meet his boss in Chicago to go to the Winter Classic - Red Wings vs Blackhawks outside at Wrigley. Doesn't that sound awesome? Winter, Outside, Chicago, January - yep, sounds great to me, esp. since I'm in a nice cozy house! JJ & Noy are still in bed and Jada is at her Grandma's house. We are supposed to be going to Chicago for dinner later, but I'm not sure I'll be getting them out of bed. Tomorrow we are heading back home for a few days before getting back in to the bump and grind.

No comments: