Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope over fear - Amen to that!!

Yesterday was a crazy day - had to work 10 hours to get a VERY important project done at work and I was happy to come in this morning and finally finish it up after working on it for the past two weeks. I brought my laptop in and thought it would be a good day to stream some good news. Unfortunately, everyone in America must have had the same idea because around 11am the streaming became more like choking. I saw some of the D.C. coverage, but only got to hear Obama say "President" and the booms from the canons and a freeze frame of the White House. I guess it's ok, cuz I'm sure I would have been sitting at my desk with tears in my eyes. It's just such an amazing time. So I've now read a few headlines and Hope over Fear sounds like a great place to start. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty fearful in our current state of affairs, but I'd rather not live that way. And I do have great hope that we can get back on track. Being a parent helps too - I can't sit back and be scared and not show my little man hope for the future and what it means to have a positive attitude. So that's where I am - today (oh, and sitting at work irritated that I can't get any live news right now!) Also, I was on my cousin's website and saw the great obamicon's she made and had to steal the idea. So you'll see my 'lil bama off to the side there - LOVE IT!!! You can make your own at obamicon.me - ENJOY!

No comments: