Friday, January 9, 2009

Mama guilt and weekend plans

TGIF! We're expecting 8 inches of snow here by tomorrow afternoon which means the snowmobiles will be back in operation. We're planning on heading out to Grass Lake on Sunday and tomorrow we are going out for a friend's birthday. Dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse with 20+ people - I'm guessing it will be a long one. So we opted to call Uncle Scott to see if he'd like to have an overnight guest. He, of course, did, and so Drew will be heading over there tomorrow evening. I really want to take Drew to a Japanese Steakhouse, but this is not the day to do it. And of course, I always have mama guilt having my kid go to someone elses house, but then I try to remember how much I LOVED going to my aunts and uncles houses for the weekend. Not only good for Drew, but mom and dad too. Gives him that understanding that someone else can take care of him (and probably lots more fun). So I try not to get crazy about it. And Drew is constantly asking to have Julie come babysit, so he must feel fairly filled up on mom and dad. I guess we aren't used to having Drew spend the night away so it always feels a bit strange. In any case, I'm sure we'll have a fun one - assuming we can get out of the driveway!

No comments: