Friday, January 9, 2009

Mom, I'm going to be the tooth fairy when I grow up...

Lately we've been hearing lots of what Drew's going to be when he grows up - some funny, some appropriate and some, well let's say disappointing! Yesterday when I picked Drew up from school he said, "mom, I'm going to be the tooth fairy when I grow up!" I said, "oh, really, I don't know if you can be the tooth fairy." "OK" he said, "then I want to be Santa Claus." "I said, well I don't know if you can be that either. Remember the movie - I think when the Santa gets tired of being Santa, then he gets to pick his replacement." "Oh!" he says, "Like maybe he could pick one of my friends, like Dennis, or Miles, or me..." I told him he could be anything he puts his mind to, like a doctor, or carpenter, or teacher, or - and he says, "or a hospital guy." "Right, like that." The other day he told me he wanted to be a carpenter. A few days before that is was a chef. A few days before that is was a police officer. But what we hear most (yes here's the disappointing part) - I want to be nothing when I grow up. YIKES! I really don't like to hear that! And what's worse (or maybe not) is lately he's become addicted to playing 3 card poker with me. It started over the holiday break and now he asks me to play everyday. I guess he could be a professional card player - NOT!

No comments: