Monday, January 7, 2008

Is this my tanwich, mom?

OK, so all of us as parents know that we are terrible - making our poor, cute, innocent children recite their mispronounced words over and over again because it is too damn cute not to laugh at. Or having them do "the put away the clothes dance" over and over because it too is too damn cute to waste on the fact that in a few days they might not want to do it anymore. What's "the put away the clothes dance" you ask? It's hard to articulate but imagine a little boy so excited to help mommy put away the clothes he says, I PUT AWAY THE CLOTHES and does the fastest twist he can muster. Slightly bent over moving his arms kind of like the running man and kind of like the twist. If you aren't smiling at this point, I'm sorry you don't have ANY sense of humor!

Now on to words...Drew really amazes us with his vocabulary. I try hard words with him all the time and they come out clear enough that it's not really cute and funny...until the tanwich. Specifically, the salami tanwich! It started with the Very Hungry Caterpillar. One of the things he eats is salami or as Drew said it - sagalami. So we practiced...say, Sa-lami Drew. Sa-ga-lami. nope, try again, sa-lami. sa-ga-lami. After several tries, we moved on to the next word. The next day, the same results, sa-ga-lami. After a few days, he did it! SA-LAMI but the only way it works is if his head goes back with the SA and comes forward with the LAMI. And the tanwich thing...that's the best way I can explain it. It really doesn't give it justice, but again, you get the point!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am sitting here laughing. I can totally imagine the head going back to say it right thing! lol.

I was telling Mindy the other day that Maddie started giving kisses and I made her do it so often cause I LOVED it that now she won't do it anymore :( lol.