Monday, January 21, 2008

I won't cry for you guys!

You just never know who you're gonna get these days. Two weeks ago we were getting ready to go to bowling and Julie, the babysitter next door, came over to play with Drew. He cried for 5 minutes, to the point where I knew if he didn't stop, he would be throwing up all over me. Daddy gets him settled down and off we go, after we make it very clear to Julie, as always, call us if he isn't fine after we leave. Of course, he is, but ya know. Enter last Saturday night...mom, I want Julie to come play with me. She will, this evening. mom...I WANT Julie to come play with me. So we call. She's running late and her big sis Trina is going to come over for a while before Julie gets there. Drew is not happy...he does not want Trina, he wants Julie. And so I thought - here we go again. Then Trina says, Julie will be over in a few minutes, she's just finishing her shower. And like that, Drew is fine and says, I won't cry for you guys tonight, mom and like that we are headed to the door and he's headed off for a game of Life. He stops, turns and says, have a good time, mom! And like I said, you never know who you're gonna get. Don't get me wrong, I really like who I got on Saturday, I'm just afraid of a week from Saturday!

No comments: