Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mom, did you know...

There was a commercial on Wednesday with a picture of Barack. They hadn't even said his name, but Drew starts yelling at me, "Hey, mom it's Barack on TV." I say, "yes, bud, I'm sure it is" to which he says, "Hey, mom, did you know Barack Obama won last night?" "Yes, Drew I did know, how do you know?" "Miss Keri told me today, isn't that cool?" "More than you know, Drew, more than you know!"
My mom and I had that conversation this week. Would Drew understand what this election means, and how it is so special? Probably not - he's too young. Although with some of the things that come out of his mouth, I wonder. It's such a different generation already. Drew's preschool class is a diverse group of kids. He explained to me that people have different color skin the other day, but he was confused when he saw a boy with lots of moles. I told him we all have moles, just some more than others. Anyway, all over the map on this one, but basically it's just a great time for change.

No comments: