Thursday, November 20, 2008

Is anyone else totally stressed out about Christmas?

I don't know what it is this year - maybe the economy, maybe that I've been stuck at work more than usual and feel like I don't have enough time to shop, maybe that I know my little man is SOOOOO looking forward to Christmas cuz we've been talking about it for over a month already and I want it to be perfect for him and MAYBE because I really haven't a clue as to what to buy anyone! Drew should be easy - every commercial he sees he asks, "can we put that on the list?" but maybe that's part of the stress. I keep telling him that just because it's on the list does not mean he's going to get it. And he really isn't processing that part of the discussion. I guess he probably is, but won't fess to it. He always comes back with, "yes I will!". And it's already starting with more and more expensive toys. He seems much more in to toys this year, but everything is major mula. Especially Legos - I can't believe how much they cost! And then there's trying to explain to an almost 4 year old that just because the Lego ship does cool stuff on TV doesn't mean it really does that. I think he thinks I'm a downer when I try to explain it. He looks at me like - why are you telling me the toy is already broken and I haven't even gotten it yet!? Then there's the Wii. They have some great stuff coming out, like Wii Music, but I kind of afraid that, like other games, they will be a bit too hard for him and just turn in to frustration! For the love of Pete, some of the game he wants me to help with are too hard for me!
Oh, and right now I'm looking out the window to a pretty good blizzard in November and there's a mosquito flying around my desk, you can imagine my state of mind! Tomorrow, 5pm, can't come fast enough!

No comments: