Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm back

Not that you've probably noticed I haven't blogged in a week, but I've been down with a cold the last few days. Started Saturday night, I could feel it coming on. Isn't that the worst? You know it's about to happen but yet there's not much you can do. I took a couple days off work in hopes of kicking it before it kicked me, and it seems to have worked. I woke up this morning remembering what it feels like to wake up and not feel like poo. Obviously you can tell I'm still a bit clogged from the way my sentences are flowing.

Couple funny things from the week. Mike said his mom called and said she heard my dad is coming to live with us. As he had not mentioned this to anyone, he was perplexed. As he's telling me the story, I immediately think, ah, Nic has been reading the blog and passing along info to mom. Perfect, the blog works! Well, except for the fact that I haven't heard from my dad since the one time he called, but at the time that was reality, so it's all good.

Last Saturday Scott babysat and kept Drew over night. We had bowling and were supposed to be going to a party (that got cancelled) and like I said, I wasn't feeling the best, so it was kind of a waste, but also a nice break. They went to see a movie and who knows what else, because Drew is keeping a tight lip on what other fun things they did. Since it gets dark at 5ish, I don't think they had time to do too much outside after a 3ish movie. And speaking of Scott, Drew left his favorite blanket over there and has been asking when we can get it. I told him this weekend, maybe Scott would come over and bring it, or we'd go pick it up. He immediately says, "but he's not babysitting, right, mama?" No buddy, he's not. "Well good" he says, "he's not my friend anyway, cuz he spits in my face, and has bad breath contests with me, and throws poop on me, and throws rockets on me, and throws people on me, and throws dogs on me." Oh, really?!!!! "Yep, and he throws girls at me, and boys at me, and balls at me, and paper at me, and....well, I guess that's it!" he says with a smirk. Ah, I see why he's not your friend, it sounds like you never have any fun with Uncle Scott. "Oh yeah, and sometimes, he pretends to burp on me, and fart on me, and...I guess that's it." Oh, now I really see why he's not your friend, cuz you don't think that's funny at all, right? And he says with even more of a smirk, "no, mama, it's not funny." Good thing you don't do that to me, right Drew? "ummm, yep!" And with that, the conversation about how much Scott is not "a friend" is over! :) If you could see them play, you would pee yourself at how funny it is. Drew is always playing pretend with Uncle Scott and some of the "boy stuff" they come up with is pretty darn funny.

What else...oh, last night we cleaned out Drew's closet, finally. I mean it's not perfect, but it's almost ready for Christmas! When it was just about bedtime Drew asks me, "why do we call it my old room and my new room?" I asked him what we should call it. He thought about it for a minute, "well, how 'bout my two new rooms?" I said, but you don't sleep in there. "That's ok, mama, I can just say it's my new other room." I guess he's not quite ready to give up the room, although he hasn't been in it in weeks.

And lastly, you may have noticed Drew has been saying "mama" lately instead of "mom". I'm not really sure why this is, but it's kinda funny the way he says it. It's like a definite, quick - mama!

No comments: