Sunday, November 16, 2008

Barack Obama, Barack Obama!!!!!!

We are sitting here on the couch trying to set up 60 Minutes interview of our new President-Elect Barack Obama, when Drew starts shouting Barack Obama, Barack Obama - Hey, Mom, did you know Barack Obama won and he's going to be our new President in January!? Mike and I just looked at each other like, what the...? Then he says, when is January? I say well this month is November and get interrupted by Drew - and next month is January!!! How can someone be so darn cute and smart and not so smart all at the same time. Once again my Mensa dreams for Drew are so close yet so far!

Today was a great day. We got to sleep in until 8:30, then Miles called for a play date with Drew around 11. We finished blowing the leaves (and snow) and went to pick up Drew. We decided to forgo his nap so he'd get to bed fairly early and we decided to make some goodies in the kitchen. First we made banana bread, then we made cupcakes. I thought for sure I'd loose him in the bread, but he hung in for the chocolate beaters. Then we made some tuna for lunch. I'd say we were in the kitchen for a good couple hours and he was right there with me, having a blast. Played some hide 'n seek, a few games, finished up the laundry and now sitting watching Sponge Bob...the reason why the Obama interview was recorded. I have to say, for the most part I'm not especially fond of Sundays knowing that Monday is looming around the corner, but this was a good one. Hope you all had as good a Sunday as we did - even though it's snowing in the middle of November.

No comments: