Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wow what a great morning!

I guess Drew must have remembered this is his last day of school this week. Tomorrow we are heading out for our last camping trip of the season...HALLOWEEN CAMPING! We look forward to this trip the most every year. Then we wake up freezing and wonder why! :>

Sometime in the middle of the night Drew came into our room. He didn't wake me up, so I'm not exactly sure when. As a matter of fact, I don't think he remembered it either because the first thing he said this morning..."mom, did I sleeped in my new big boy bed all night?" I said, nope buddy, but you started out there, so that's a good thing. He closed his eyes again and I walked out. A few minutes later he comes out..."mom, feel my diaper." Oh, pretty dry Drew good job. "I have to pee mom." Oh great dude, go pee. After the pee break, he finds me again, "mom, can you get me dressed this morning?" Sure bud, let me go get your clothes. Clothes in hand, I go searching for him and find him...BRUSHING HIS TEETH!!! Without being prompted, asked, begged etc. Wow! Then breakfast...Mike asks him what he wants..."ummmm, the cereal with the little marshmallows." Of course dad comes back with, "how 'bout donuts?" "YAY, yeah, I want donuts and I want to get them myself" Off the couch he comes running in the kitchen to make his breakfast. I had to leave at that point to go to work, but can someone tell me - What have you done with my child?! Not that he's not just the most wonderful thing ever, but independence in the morning is not always his strong suit. We usually have to make things a game or race to have things go well, so certainly we were proud when it was all spontaneous! Woo hoo!!!

No comments: