Thursday, October 16, 2008

I just love my little man!!!!!

As previously mentioned, I was worried about how this week would go. It's been awesome. Last night we had to pick up a friend from school because his parents had a function and his babysitter couldn't come until 6:30 or 7. Of course I have to work until 5 this week and was concerned about timing. So I raced from work and picked up Drew, then went to Mitchell to pick up his buddy, then went to McDonalds for dinner. Figured it was a treat for the boys and and I wouldn't have time to make dinner and feed them before Crystal came for Miles, but if not, Miles wouldn't be eating until after 7 and that wouldn't be great either. On the way back Miles asks if they can watch a movie in the car, I say no since we are so close to home. He asked how we put the movie on and I show him where the buttons are. Drew interjects that there is also a remote for the movie player too. I tell him I'm not really sure where it is, "it's floating around somewhere in the car." Well let me just tell you that led in to a whole conversation about how I was wrong, because the car isn't water and you can't float without water and...and...and...needless to say, I promptly agreed I was wrong with my figure of speech and let it go - sorry, I digress. So we had dinner and Miles got picked up. We played some games, worked on some puzzles and got pjs on and went in mom's bed so we could watch Planet Earth, Shallow Seas. It was a good one, but as usual, my smart and curious Drew was either asking questions about what was what, or telling me what he knew about what was on. Mom, mom, I just have to tell you one more thing...about 20 times. He'd get up and act like a whale so he could show me how they blow out of their hole or tell me what animals we can touch and which we couldn't, and that we can touch fish but only for a minute, "like this", showing me, then telling me we have to let them go cuz they can't breath out of the water. Some animals can breath out of the water, and some animals eat other animals, and well, you get the idea. I can't believe how much is in that brain already. So at the end of the show he gets upset because he couldn't hear some of it. I said, "why not?" "Um, because I was talking mom! that's why I didn't get to hear it all" he says, with the most pathetic voice. After telling him we'll watch it again another day he seems ok with it and goes to sleep.
Oh, and before bed Drew talked to dad to tell him good night. He's really quite funny when he's on the phone because he paces back and forth. Like that's what you're supposed to do when you are on the phone. I haven't noticed if we do it, but I assume one of us must. In the conversation, dad tells Drew how much he appreciates Drew being such a good boy while mom is gone and Drew responds, "well I told you I would dad" as if, you fool, duh!!!!
This morning went well too. Drew didn't wake up on his own so I woke him up at 7. A little slow moving but in a good mood. On the way to school he reminds me, yet again, we need to get the blower out and move the leaves. And that Bill needs to and Willie needs to...yes, all the neighbors need to. Then he asks me when it's going to snow. I tell him in a few months. Then he says, dad put me on a red thing. I have no idea what he's talking about. He says, a long time ago. Which is the equivalent of yesterday or 2 years ago. So I say, oh, that's silly. He said, no it's not mom! I said, What are you talking about? My red thing...in the snow! OHHHH, your sled!? YES MOM! Again, I can't believe the things in that brain!

No comments: