Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We are offically adding to the family

Did I get your attention with that one? It's not what you think...my dad called last night and is planning on coming down to Ann Arbor to find a job and live with us for awhile. Funny - I had to tell him he had to behave while he is here and he has a 3 yr old to think about. Funny - because the tide has changed, it's my turn to make the rules and stick to them. He agreed and said he'll be down in the next few days. So wish us luck. It's not a permanent situation, but that's what it's about, right? Helping family in need. I don't think it's going to be the easiest situation, but I have faith it will all work out. I mean in all honesty, we'd do it for a friend, so why not for dad? He's got his baggage, but I'm hoping he can pull it together and find something quickly. And, maybe, just maybe, do a few things we need done around the house too. If anything, it's made me clean out the den, so that's a positive. And it will give Drew a good chance to hang with grandpa and have fun while he's here.

No comments: