Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And then there were two

Mike's hiatus from traveling is officially over. He's back in Ohio this week and will be gone more in the weeks to follow as it seems for now. I was a bit concerned since it's been since May and Drew is so much more aware of things, but he took it in stride last night. We flew through the evening without any whining about dad being gone. He even he was going to be a really good boy while dad was gone.
We got home to a package at the front door. It was a new game from Grandma...perfect timing. A cute Noodleboro game about manners. The rules are simple, ask politely for a token from the picnic basket and match it to the game board. "please, can I please have a token from the token bucket, please? Thank you" It was pretty darn cute. After several rounds, we moved on to dinner, then Drew cleaned the dishes before I loaded them in the dishwasher, then on to Legos Batman for a bit, on to a 40 minute bath giving me time to call my mom and check in on the horrible fires happening in L.A. (they are fine so far, about 7 miles from the house), then watch a little tv and finally bedtime.
Bath time has gotten pretty comical lately, I've been letting Drew play in the tub while I go get laundry, etc as long as he sings to me or yells out "hello mom" every few minutes so I know he he's fine. So after he's finished getting washed up, he wants the curtain closed and he goes nuts with the toys. What a racket - a wonderful, funny racket, but racket none the less. Anyway, as I'm on the phone, I hear him talking about how fast Elmo is going in the tub, then he loudly sings, "good job, thanks for keeping my occupied!!!!" over and over to Elmo. I couldn't help but laugh out loud and hold the phone up for my mom to hear. Just what I needed after a long couple of days...elmo keeping him occupied.
This morning Drew woke himself up and came out to find me..."Is it a stay at home day, mom?" I tell him no, and he seems fine with it. Again, a bit surprised. He sat down, watched some toons...Flintstones & Jetsons to be exact, ate breakfast, got dressed, and brushed his teeth. All of this with only few reminders from mom. Ahhhh, I love my little man!

No comments: