Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Peewee soccer here we come...

Yesterday I actually remembered to look through the Ann Arbor Rec & Ed guide to see what they offer for Preschoolers. It was pretty limited - Art, Dance & Soccer. I was hoping for some kind of fall ball (baseball that is) but it wasn't offered. So when I got home last night I asked Drew if he knew what soccer was. His answer - no, with a perplexed face. So I told him he has a soccer ball and little yellow net and that is soccer. A light bulb seemed to turn on. Then I asked him if he'd like to play soccer and sign up for a class. YAY! Yes, I want to play. Can we go right now? Then the hard part...explaining to a 3 1/2 yr old (official age yesterday) that I had to sign him up on the computer but it doesn't start for another month. He insisted I sign him up last night even though registration wasn't opened. He also insisted we leave to go play. After much conversation, he finally agreed to "let" me wait to sign him up today and wait a month to play. First thing this morning he asks again, can we go to soccer? At least I know I made the right decision to ask. $69 for 5 weeks of class and the scary thing is I'm sure this is the cheapest of what's to come in sports for my little man who is always full of energy! Can't wait to take some pics at the first class.

No comments: