Friday, May 2, 2008

Is that a bad word?

So lately we've been testing limits on which words are bad. Is - What the heck a bad word, mom? Nope, that's ok. Is poopy head a bad word? - yes that's a bad word, we don't say that. And the favorite words of choice for the last few weeks...Stupid and Butt Head. (Mike has made it a point to say, I don't know where you heard these words but you shouldn't say them.) They esp. come out when we are playing Wii tanks, but they come out at the end of the night too, when things may not be going the way a certain little man likes them. So we have lots of talks about what is ok to say, and where it's ok to say it. Then a few nights ago, yep, a big one...DAMN IT! I laugh about it now, but we were good parents and kept straight faces when it happened. The eyes may have bulged a bit, but what are ya gonna do?!

Now we won't really get into who said the words originally, esp. in such a way as they sound like fun words to say, but dad non realizes the err of his ways! :) He said to Drew - I'm sure mom or dad have said those words (I'm thinking - DAD) and we'll try not to say them any more, cuz they are not nice words. Then, last night as were watching Survivor we are talking strategy. I said, if they were smart (insert whatever) and Mike agrees. Then he says ya know, they are just stupid if...when Drew interrupts, um, DAD, that is NOT a nice word. We don't say that word. Mike says, I know, you are right, I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry! Yeah, and dad...I like you, so I don't want you to say those words! To which I start chuckling...hmm, where did he get these words?

I just published the post and decided I should really edit this to say, I IN NO WAY think that I am perfect, and have had my fair share of oops moments! Just these few words are much more likely to come out of someone elses mouth and seem to be the words of choice. Not to mention, if Mike would like to start his own blog, I'm sure his view of many situations would look much different! oh, and TGIF!!!!

No comments: