Thursday, May 22, 2008

He sure can whine!

With all his little perfections, my now big bundle of joy sure can whine! I think since Mike has had to work nights this week, it's been hard for Drew, except Drew doesn't realize that's what's bugging him. Last night after dinner we sat down to play. Drew really wanted to play a game which is too hard for him because he's still to young for it. So I told him no - mind you he's already told me he's tired and it's 7pm. I thought - good, I'll be able to get him to bed early - yeah right, should have known better! He starts crying - I tell him I don't want to hear it so go somewhere else if you are going to cry about this. He does, then comes back. I'm not caving so I get up to go to the bathroom. He comes barging in, still crying, maybe even a little louder at this point, and I say to him - LISTEN, I don't want to hear that, if you want to cry about this, go somewhere else! As cute as can be, he cries his way out, shutting the door behind him. I go into the bedroom, fold some clothes and starting putting them away when he FINALLY stops crying.
So then I say, American Idol is coming on, let's put on your pj's and you can watch some of it. NO, MOM, sobbing again, I no wanna watch American Idol, I want to watch Big Brother! WHAT?!?! Drew, big brother isn't on anymore, sorry dude. But mom... Drew, I'm sorry but it's not. As a diversion, we went outside for a few minutes - it was freezing, windy, and about to rain. I said, you're going to get cold. No, I'm not. OK... And sure enough, Mom, look at me, I'm windy! and two secs later, and COLD, burrrrr!!! :) I think, at least he's not whining. So we go back in, put on pjs, read 10 books and finally start watching Idol at 8:30 when I realize it's a two hour show. So after 15 minutes, I say it's over. He says, are all my friends in their pjs mom? Yep! and are they all in bed? YEP! So they can go to school tomorrow? YES, Drew! Oh, ok. And about 15 minutes and lots of "it's quiet time" later, he fell asleep!

No comments: