Tuesday, May 13, 2008

But I was serious first!

Dad is in Cleveland again for the first part of the week before our first camping trip of the season, yay! Well, not that he's gone but that we are going camping. So last night, Drew and I played some Wii then decided to make an effort to get in his "room" - more like sty - to clean it up. It started with, Who made this mess? Um, Julie (the babysitter) did. I don't think so Drew. Oh, that's right, I did, mom. But Haley made this mess right here. Talking about 1 puzzle on the floor. I laughed.

First, we got a tote for camping toys. {Oh, speaking of toys, I had the best present for mother's day...besides the beautiful jewelry I got...Drew came up to me and said T.O.Y. that spells toy mom! Yes, I was excited about that little piece of information. We are starting to spell!!!!...good and bad I guess...not sure how we are going to talk about things if he's figuring out what we are spelling.} Back to the room - then I got a box for "baby" toys we don't need anymore. And there we sat, sorting toys. Drew was quite a helper. I don't need this, mom, it's for babies, I'm going to put it in the box. Cool. How 'bout this one, Drew? No, I still play with that, let's leave that here. And so it went. Enter the camping tote...mom, I think we need this camping, and this and this. He quickly filled a tote with stuff we "need" for camping. It is quite the eclectic mix, let me tell you. Then he says, dad is going to be REALLY HAPPY with us, right? Yes, he is Drew, and thanks for your help.

After cleaning up around 8:30pm, he found a fire extinguisher which NEEDED water in it and NEEDED to be sprayed outside. I'm just going to fill it up and squirt it outside, 'K? I said, DREW in a voice which prompted...but Mom, I'm serious! Yes, and so am I darlin'! But mom, I was serious FIRST! But Drew, I am the mom. But Mom, I am DREW! I giggled and made one of our infamous "deals" - ok, bud, I'll make ya a deal. If you give it to me, I'll put it up on the counter, right next to the sink and tomorrow after school I promise we will fill it up with water and you can squirt it outside. (now I'm thinking, is this going to work?) He says, ok, mom that sounds like a really good idea! HOLY SH**, I can't believe it - to myself OF COURSE! Great dude, let me have it. And with that it was time for bed, books and sleep.

No comments: