Friday, May 9, 2008

I can't tell you what your prize is...it's a secret!

Mike was out of town this week and talked to Drew on the phone last night. He must have asked what Drew did at school because Drew responded, we made a picture frame for mommy for Mother's day. Secret #1 exposed! Then Mike told Drew they were going to go shopping this weekend for a present for me for Mother's day. To which, Drew looks at me...mom, we are going shopping for you, but it's a secret, just me and dad, not you mom. Mom, we are going to shop for a present. BUT MOM, I'm not going to tell you what your prize is because it is a secret! Darn, secret #2 still secret...although I really think it's a secret because neither one know what the "prize" is yet!

Then he tells dad that mom got a new game for Wii...MarioKart, it's really cool, dad, and we are really good at it! What he didn't tell dad, is that mom couldn't figure out how to set it up for 2 player. So mom played the game because Drew's idea of playing was driving around in a circle on the edge of the race track. And when he finally decided he wanted to race, he couldn't figure out how to get on the track. He asked for my help, so I got him back to the track, he then decided he just wanted me to play and he would watch. After the first race, he decided to help me. Mom, this is really cool! He sat on my lap and held the steering wheel but didn't do much else. It was "tricky". Then, he wanted to push the gas but ended up pushing the brake, and that was the last of his "help". Watching and just holding the wheel were good enough to have a great time! "We" must have played 8 races, each one a bit "trickier". And after each he'd say, mom, maybe we can find one that's "just a little bit trickier, 'k mom"?

No comments: