Friday, December 7, 2007

Mom - I have something portant to tell you!

One reason I started this - I remember a friend's son who used to say mobie for movie and belbow for elbow. I said something to her years later, and she had forgotten he said it. I thought, I don't want to forget those precious moments of firsts.

So the other night, Drew is laying on the couch and we're trying to get him to sleep. (yes, bad parents, he falls asleep on the couch then we move him.) He sits up, looks at me and says - MOM - I have something portant (important) to tell you!!!! What?, i said. ummmmm - as he looks around the room for something 'portant - I fell at school when I was climbing up the ladder to go down the slide! Oh really? Yes! But you are ok now, right? yep! ok, let's go night-night now, Drew! few minutes later - MOM! yes, drew? I have something else portant to tell you! yes? I ran in to the dresser and it really hurt. I cried! yes, drew i was there. you're ok now, right (with a chuckle)? yep! ok, time to go to sleep. you can see it coming - right?...few seconds later...mom, (doesn't even wait for a response) I have something ELSE portant to tell you...with the cutist smerk you've ever seen...yes, Drew? ummm, I turned of the Christmas tree lights! Mind you the whole time this is happening, dad is on the couch right next to us and is trying not to laugh or yell about bedtime. he finally pipes in - OK DREW it's time to go to sleep - but, Dad - I have somethin...Enough, Drew go to bed. We both had a few quiet laughs about it. Then, you'll never guess... Yes - the same thing happened the next night! Imagine - it works - I can talk about portant stuff and I get some laughs and I get to stay up! And did mom learn her lesson - no I still chuckle - it really is funny!

No comments: