Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Drew's First Official Snow Day

It's so nice to live so close to daycare. A lot of times, we see Drew's teacher, Miss Erin, drive by and know when she gets to school. That's what happened on Monday morning. As the lists of closings were endless on the morning news, I thought maybe LPU would be closed too. But I saw Miss Erin, so we headed out. Drew was so excited to go back to school after being gone for a week. She quickly welcomed us but said - don't get comfortable! We are closed and I'm calling all the parents. It took me a few minutes of standing there hemming and hawing trying to figure out what I was going to do and I told Drew we'd go home. He said - But, but - what about playing with my friends? I go to school today mom! I told him we'd try again tomorrow and we headed back home. Miss Erin was nice enough to come over and babysit so we could go to work for awhile since we'd been off too. But after I got to work and sat down, I just had to laugh when I started thinking about it...what kid is bummed for a snow day? MINE! I realize it was because we had all been together for 9 days and he was ready to get back to his friends, but really, bummed because it was a snow day? Yep!

He did have a great time with Miss Erin. They took a walk down to the park and made 'cchini (zucchini to you and me) with cheese. Apparently 'cchini is great if it's made by Miss Erin!

After we got home from work, I decided to pull out the sprinkles and frosting for Drew's Christmas cookies. We had cut and cooked them a few days before but didn't have much time to finish them. He LOVES frosting things! I was making dinner and not supervising as much as I should have, and before you know it all three containers of sprinkles are on two cookies and he's painting his hands (front and back) with what is now purple frosting! It was a good lesson for Drew - green and red make purple! :>

No comments: