Friday, December 7, 2007

Kudos - Mom & Dad!

Now that I'm blogging, I'm trying to remember the things I didn't want to forget and it's flooding back.

Last Sunday I made french toast from the Zingermann's awesome cinammon raisin bread. Drew doesn't esp. like french toast but I thought with this bread how can he not. Well - he doesn't, but he does love his sausage. It's the premade stuff you just have to heat up. So we are sitting down, eating breakfast and out of nowhere he says - thanks for makin' dinner mom! this is good - Now this isn't the first time he's thanked me for my awesome cooking. A few weeks prior, we had leftovers from Olive Garden. I came home and heated everything up for dinner. We are all sitting at the table, Mike is on a work call, and Drew looks at me - thanks for makin' dinner mom. You're welcome, buddy. thanks for acknowledging. Then a few minutes later, as he's eating his leftover breadstick - and mom, thanks for making bread too - it's really good! You're welcome sweetie, I say. (In my head - what the F! I can slave over a great meal and nothing, but I heat up leftovers and it's the best meal ever!)

After the french toast, Drew finds the muffin tins and cupcake liners and wants to make cupcakes. It's snowing and cold outside, so why not, let's make cupcakes. We finish and he gets to lick the raw egg cake batter from both beaters and the bowl, then he wants to wash it out. Sure, let's move your stool to the sink so you can do that, thanks for your help buddy. A few minutes later he looks at me - Mom, thanks for YOUR help! as he continues to wash up the mess. ahhh, if things could always be this good! Those are the moments that reassure me of my parenting!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is great!! I love the breadstory!!!

EthansMommy said...

I am here on the suggestion of Melissa! I hope you don't mind. I read about her cutie pie Maddie and she posted your blog address on her blog. You have a cutie pie too and he sounds so sweet!