Thursday, June 5, 2008

Video games really are addictive!

Our latest game is Lego Star Wars. We first learned about it at Zachary's house. He had played it quite a bit and was an expert compared to Drew, who was trying to figure it out for the first time. I may have already blogged about this, but you could tell Zach was getting frustrated with Drew's dilly dallying around and not doing the "correct moves". He was VERY good about being patient. Now I know what Zach felt like! Poor kid! Drew really does what he wants to do and I have to say several times, when you are ready to help me, I need you to follow me this way. For the most part, it's a very fun game. It has violence in that when you use your light saber it breaks the lego men in to lots of individual legos, so compared to other games I've seen, I think it's pretty good. And it's really neat reliving the moments of the Star Wars trilogy. I must admit I haven't seen all the "new" ones and this is giving me the itch to rent them. Anyway, both players have to work together and go in the same direction. This is where it can get tricky if you have a three year old who likes to get the bad guys going in the opposite direction. Anyway, we've mastered a couple levels and now whenever we get stuck on something, Drew gets frustrated and says exasperatedly, mom, I just really, really want to be done with this level. As if by some magic mom power I can figure out a game meant for the mind of a tween boy and poof, level complete! And occasionally, I hear myself in said three year olds voice - Mom, I really need you to follow me now, we need to go this way, and I need you to work as a team with me. Really, this is a good idea.

No comments: