Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My son the scam artist

Grandma & Grandpa came from California (you know every time I spell that now, I think of Arnold...anyway...) this weekend. Drew had a great time and of course was very in to Grandpa since he's not a girl! He was pretty funny trying to get anyone's attention quickly, HEY! HEY! he'd yell, then finish off generally with, Did you see this!?!
On Monday we went to IHOP then out shopping where Drew got a new water gun and scooter, then to a couple music shops for a tuner for Grandpa's banjo. They didn't have it, but the did have a yukele Grandma & pa bought for Drew. It's red, of course. Then we went out to dinner too. Drew was really quite good all day except it was almost 100 with the head index and Metzger's a/c wasn't keeping up, and I still have my cold so I don't sleep esp. well, and this is day 3 of keeping Drew occupied, so I was a bit short fused.
Today I had to come to work, so Drew hung out with G & G. Grandma called me several times to fill me in on their day. They had a great time going up to EMU. Then they went to McDonalds, played on the play structure, had lunch, and ice cream cones. On the way to school, Drew asked if he could take his toy into school. Grandma said she didn't think so but Drew said, it's ok. So she said, let's see. They walked in the door and Drew quickly moves his hands behind his back so no one could see the toy...except eagle eye grandma who decided it was best to leave the toy in the car for later. He also told her that he never, ever, ever, not for 100 days wanted to go back to school and he wanted to stay with them. I thought it was pretty cute. In the end, he did go, and was fine with it all.

No comments: