Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm not telling you!

I picked Drew up yesterday afterschool. He had spent the morning with G & G so I asked him what they did. He said, I'm not telling you! Then he said, they had to go on a plane to go home but they are coming back, maybe in the summer, maybe July, I think July. Isn't that great, mom! Later on in the evening I could tell he wasn't quite right. From a full house to nobody home but Drew and mom was not exactly his idea of fun. I ask him to come in and help me make dinner, so he does. And out of nowhere he says, mom, I told them lots of times that I didn't want to go to school and I wanted to hang out with them but they wouldn't let me. They said I had to go to school, but I wanted to hang out with them forever and lots of days. I asked them why they said that and in the most pathetic voice he says, cuz they had to go on a plane to go home mom. Trying to make him feel better, I say, but they said they're coming back, right? Yep, they'll be back, mom. He seemed ok with it, and I'm sure it would have been an easier transition if dad was home too, because then he started saying he wanted daddy home. We decided to get our minds off it and pack for our camping trip this weekend. Drew was a big helper as usual. First, we got some snacks from the pantry. A big jar of nuts for dad, honey crackers (graham crackers) for smores, trail mix for everybody, creamer for coffee, and some chips. Then we went to the garage for drinks and put them in the cooler. Some gatorade for dad, diet coke for mom, juice boxes for Drew. Then we decided to go pack Drew's bag. It was quite the assortment. For a two day trip he had 10 pairs of socks, 6 shirts, 3 pants, 2 shorts, winter pjs and two blankets. Needless to say, we changed some of the items.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

are you guys going 2 weekends in a row?