Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm feeling a little bit icky

This hasn't been the best of weeks. Mike caught a bug Saturday and I caught it Sunday. I finally started feeling better last night and I hear Drew from his room starting to cough. We knew what was coming next, and yes, the door opened and in comes Drew and his blue blankie. He jumps between us and seems fine, then starts coughing again. I knew he would choke and sure enough he did. Luckily, let's just say I don't keep a bowl next to my bed but I do have my cup of water. While this is happening, Mike's already gotten up to get some cough medicine for him. And I ask Drew, do you want to take some medicine to make you feel better? He looks at me, pathetic, tired and crying because he's thrown up and says, I don't want your horrible medicine mom, I want my good medicine. After that he was fine and crashed back out.
So this morning I asked him how he's feeling. Kinda icky, he says, I frew up last night mom. So I said, after breakfast remind dad to give you some medicine this morning before school. He immediately tells dad he's feeling icky and he needs medicine. I said, no buddy you have to wait until after breakfast. And of course when he did, he said, no dad, I'm not feeling icky anymore, I don't need medicine today.

No comments: