Monday, March 17, 2008

Who wants to play Linky Logs with me?

Santa bought Drew some Lincoln Logs for Christmas. He must have known that mom and dad had some when they were kids! Drew hasn't really been that excited about them but this weekend that all changed. On Sunday night at around 7:15 we were winding down from a long day, including Drew's self proclaimed "best buddy" Miles bowling birthday party. Drew grabs his huge bucket of Linky Logs and asks - Dad, you wanna play Linky Logs with me? No bud, I'm just going to sit on the couch and watch tv. Mom, you wanna play Linky Logs with me? No bud, I'm just going to sit here too. Does anybody want to play Linky Logs with me? No, not right now. Then who is gonna play Linky Logs with me? NO ONE! If you want, you can play with them by yourself, or I would be happy to read some books with you. Ummm, WHO WANTS TO PLAY LINKY LOGS WITH ME???!!!! (in a very sweet but louder voice) As if there may be some more people in the house who are going to jump out to play. Or maybe he just thought if he said it loud enough with a perky tone, one of us would jump at the chance. Not so much!

No comments: