Thursday, March 6, 2008

Can I watch SpongeBob so I can calm down?

One of the teachers at school took another job. That means the owner of the daycare has been pitching in. She hasn't worked there full time for a number of years and is pretty exhausted by the whole thing, as I can tell because they are watching a few short movies during the afternoon. It's also been really cold and the kids haven't been able to get outside, so that's rough too. Add to this, Mike was out of town for a couple days this week and Drew hasn't been quite himself - I think he's going thru a growth spurt. He's been resting afterschool which NEVER happens. So I let him watch a couple Little Einsteins then I told him that was enough tv. He wanted to watch something else and says pathetically, Mom, Can I watch SpongeBob so I can calm down? WHAT!? NO!! I don't think that will help you settle down buddy. Yes, it will! But pleassseeeeee!!!!!! Nope, not tonight. How about if we play with some puzzles instead? OK!

No comments: