Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun

I have tried to start a few post since hmmm, July, and I've come to realization that I need to start over with the blog. I don't know what's happened for the past several months but as Drew keeps asking me things he said when he was a baby, I want to document what he's saying/doing now before I forget these too.
1. He still says Girections for Directions
2. The PS3 game of choice - Bakugan. Everytime we play he asks me if he has "a powerful guy then me" to which I respond, "Yes, you have a MORE powerful guy than me"
3. The imagination has taken off in the last month or so. He has an old cell phone which he calls his "back up phone". What's a backup phone you ask...it's the phone you use when you call in for backup and you need help - of course, it is silly!
4. Making phone calls. Drew is really in to making phone calls these days and actually knows Dad's cell phone number from memory...pretty cool. Speaking of phone calls, he asked me grandma's number so he could call her. I gave him the number, he calls then hands me the phone while I'm trying to make dinner. I told him I don't have time to talk to grandma right now and he tells me I should, cuz she's my mom and I should talk to her.
5. This fall he was very disappointed we only got to play in the leaf "nests" once before the city came to pick them up. He wanted to leave a small pile to play in for the winter...that took a long explanation from mom as to why it wouldn't work.
6. Drew loves being the big kid at school. He is almost 5 and the next one around 3, so he gets to be the dad and boss. He is really good with the baby at school, Cecilia, and even gets to feed her at lunch. He also makes sure to tell the teachers when she's upset, although for most of us with hearing, it's not hard to tell.
7. We've taken Drew out to play 18 holes of golf a few times this fall and I have to say, he's pretty darn good at it...although he looks like Happy Gilmore.
8. He likes taking showers now instead of baths cuz they are easier, hotter and don't take as long.
9. He's always hot just like his dad and brother, altough his dad still insists he wear a jacket when he goes outside.
10. He's really having a hard time when he leaves to go spend the night away at someone elses house, like Uncle Scott or Aunt Janice, but of course is fine 5 minutes after we leave...just enough crying to make mom feel like poo.
11. According to Drew, he knows every word to every song on the radio, and if you could hear him sing, I'm SURE you'd agree!! ;)
12. Also according to Drew, he NEVER EVER wants to go to Uncle Scott's house unless Scott takes him to Chuck E Cheese...lol!
13. Favorite movie - Home Alone
14. Girlfriend - still Julie, the babysitter
15. Favorite food - Chicken fingers and fries or garlic bread
16. Favorite TV show - Tom & Jerry and Spongebob
17. Favorite card game - 3 card poker. When we were camping Drew kept asking me to play a game, our friend Dave was nice enough to volunteer to play a game while we were getting breakfast done. Dave asked Drew which game he wanted to play, "Three Card Poker!" They couldn't play tho cuz Dave didn't know how so they settled for Yahtzee.
18. Speaking of games, Drew still believes the ages on the boxes of games. If it says 8 and up I tell him he's not ready to play those games (except Yahtzee) and he says ok. I'm sure it's just a matter of time...
19. Not a great idea to have an open gatorade in the car. If he takes a sip and you go over a bump, you will SURELY get blamed for "Look what you made me do!" when it spills.
20. It's really important to remember every detail of every moment of every day cuz you will be asked at least once a day, "remember a long time ago passed that red car/played THAT game/went to the movie?" It could be a year ago or it could be from the morning but if you don't remember - ooooh boy someone will get frustrated!
21. Speaking of frustrated, Drew has gotten really good at listening for subtle cues. If I sigh, he'll say sorry mom, or what did I do mom? Even if it's me being frustrated at myself. I figure at least he's hearing the sighs...for now.

No comments: