Monday, April 20, 2009

You're a goof mounder!

Yep, that's right a Goof Mounder...that's Drew's new word for goof ball. And now we've added knuckle head and pretzel head to the mix. Don't ask me where he gets them, but it's pretty funny to hear what he comes up with. We had a nice, warm Saturday and finally got out and cleaned the windows, now I just need to get the inside of the windows done and maybe we can see out! :) Drew had a blast playing in the hose and making mud in the yard. Mike bought him his own kid sized wheelbarrow so he can help when we get the mulch. And yes, this is why we had to build a shed, everyone having their own tools. Speaking of, I got quite a bit of stuff organized in the garage too, so I was excited about that progress.
Scott took Drew and my little bro, Bill, Saturday night and we picked them up late Sunday a.m. We drove up to Howell to meet up with Julie and did a little shopping while we were there. It got pretty chilly, but on the way home we stopped at the Botanical Gardens and picked up a couple rain barrels. Unfortunately, we didn't get them hooked up cuz today it's raining like mad! Drew was so pooped by the time we got home he just wanted to lay down and watch SpongeBob. He fell asleep around 4:30 and Mike woke him up around 5:30 cuz we didn't want him up all night. He was a bit testy and not really sure he wanted to be up. Just before he fell asleep he was yelling at me from the bedroom. "MOM, I'M HUNGRY!!!! It started out normal toned but ended up at the top of his lungs as I was ignoring his screams. Finally, he hit meltdown mode and started crying as he was yelling about how hungry he was. I told him next time, come find me, I'm not going to deal, but I also understood the child was at a breaking point and I better get him a snack before we were to the point of no return.

No comments: